The meaning behind Firefly!

Firefly is a nickname given to me by my husband. I was attending Girl Scout camp with my daughter, Makayla, and was in need of a camp name. He came up with Firefly because he said I lit up a room every time I smiled. It stuck...Firefly...that's me!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

What I'm Up to In a Week

I decided to keep a running log of what I actually do throughout the course of a week. Being a stay-at-home mom I often get that my house should be very clean and that I should have plenty of time to myself, however, that seldom is or seems the case. That's why I have decided to keep a running log of my daily activities. So here's what I've been up to so far today...well, actually, let me start with the fact that for some crazy reason my baby girl is a night owl and didn't go to sleep before midnight last night and I in turn couldn't sleep. I ended up going to bed around 1:30 am but proceeded to read until 2:00 am. Now on to today's schedule of activities.

6:00 am - baby girl woke up and wanted to leave the bed which forces me to get up since our bed is elevated and it scares me to think of her falling off if I fall back asleep...yes, she's a cosleeper and by then our 4 year old son will have climbed in with us, as well....all in a queen size bed ;) Now since I was up...I decided to jump on the computer and check email, facebook, the usual, which lead to doing some research on homeschooling ideas and resources. Before I knew it, it was 8:00 am and baby girl was now asleep on the couch beside me.

8:15 am - Phalyn, my 4 year old son, wakes up. Now he insists on moving to the couch with a blankie and pillow after he visits the bathroom and gets himself dressed but he won't leave the bedroom until I go and get him. He's a funny sort of guy. He has his own way of doing things, that's for sure. It'll take him a bit to warm up to the day, usually does, but by the time his older brother and sister wake up he'll be raring to go. He's just asked for breakfast which happens to be a poptart this morning (his fave). But he's also announced that he doesn't like the new flavored water and would prefer milk in his sippy cup that we are trying to break him from. I guess in a since it's mission accomplished because we have been wanting him to drink more milk and he's already asking for milk on day two! Yeah, me! I'll take my successes where I can get them.

I'll keep track of everything that goes on today and post more later today when I locate that ever elusive free time...I know it's there somewhere but I really need to see it in black and white...LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment