The meaning behind Firefly!

Firefly is a nickname given to me by my husband. I was attending Girl Scout camp with my daughter, Makayla, and was in need of a camp name. He came up with Firefly because he said I lit up a room every time I smiled. It stuck...Firefly...that's me!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Homeschool Reboot

I've been so frustrated lately! My older kids have some sort of lazyitis when it comes to doing their school work, chores, etc. Of course, they would never miss playing video games, checking their internet accounts, socializing with friends and that sort of thing. So...I've decided that our homeschool needs a reboot. Starting next Monday I am going to focus on smaller doses of schooling with slightly shorter lessons and build back up to full swing. I think we just came out of the gate too fast after the holidays. They seem to be in a bit of shock. Shock that they are expected to do things again. After two weeks off and all of the celebrating it's hard to get their attention back to everyday life and the routines of things. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment