The meaning behind Firefly!

Firefly is a nickname given to me by my husband. I was attending Girl Scout camp with my daughter, Makayla, and was in need of a camp name. He came up with Firefly because he said I lit up a room every time I smiled. It stuck...Firefly...that's me!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

All That's Been Going On

Well, it's really been a while since I've blogged. I keep forgetting that I even have the blog really. What has been happening over the past two to three months? Hmmm...busy kids at church three days a week. After Morgana turned one, we celebrated both mine and Chris' birthdays before Shawn turned fourteen and Phalyn turned four. We call this the season of birthdays! There are six of us in the family and from August to November five of us have birthdays. I'm so glad my oldest daughter is the lone hold out :) because it takes us until April to be ready for cake again...lol. Then to add insult to injury we throw in Thanksgiving right after our last birthday and Christmas right after that. We definitely are through celebrating for a while; although it really is a celebration every day when you have so many kids. We are enjoying our two week break from school right now for the winter holidays but will be ready to hit the ground running after the New Year. We promised our little guy that we would stay up and go see fireworks for the New Year this year. He got bit with the fireworks bug back when we went to Wild Adventures on the Fourth of July. He loved them! So now, every holiday, big or small, he asks about fireworks. So as not to disappoint, we will be going downtown this year to get a glimpse at the fireworks display. Then, we will be ready to get back to the wonderful world of homeschooling. I just spent several hours last night reviewing alot of information on the internet about homeschooling highschoolers and state graduation requirements so that I will be prepared to offer our son the best in the coming years and I'm thrilled and reassured with all that I learned. It's always good to be able to breath easy when it comes to their futures. I have a sneaking suspicion that my daughter is going to be more than ready to be dual enrolled in college by the time she gets to high school. She's an eager learner, I think. Well, I will do my best to stay more up on this blog although it's probably more for my benefit than for anyone that may be reading this ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment