The meaning behind Firefly!

Firefly is a nickname given to me by my husband. I was attending Girl Scout camp with my daughter, Makayla, and was in need of a camp name. He came up with Firefly because he said I lit up a room every time I smiled. It stuck...Firefly...that's me!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Change of Plans...Again

Ok, so we have once again made changes to our homeschooling routine, starting with curriculum. We are going to finish up this school year...by any means necessary at this point. Then, next school year, the older children will be taking courses through Florida Virtual School. They are each taking one course now which they seem to be enjoying and working quite quickly through. The major benefit to this is that it is free and it allows me to focus my attention on the younger children. I am attending a Charlotte Mason seminar in March to see if this is the route I would like to take with the younger children. I'm looking forward to learning more about the CM approach. We'll see how it goes. The key to homeschooling is flexibility. If the kids warrant a change in curriculum or structure then so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment