The meaning behind Firefly!

Firefly is a nickname given to me by my husband. I was attending Girl Scout camp with my daughter, Makayla, and was in need of a camp name. He came up with Firefly because he said I lit up a room every time I smiled. It stuck...Firefly...that's me!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Sweet Makayla


I can't believe that my sweet baby girl, Makayla, is 11 years old today! She is such an independent thinker and always has been. She definitely likes to do things her own way. We can really butt heads at times but she always lets me know that she "loves me more than the world"! I never thought I would be fortunate enough to have another baby girl. We lost one baby girl in September 2004 and it was the hardest thing I have ever been through. But 7 months ago in August 2008 we had our Morgana Abygael. Makayla was probably the most excited of anyone since she finally got the baby sister she always wanted. She has an older brother, who loves her but can be very, very hard on her. She always tends to notice the mean things he does over the nice things but I guess that's the way it goes. She also has a younger brother who's only three. He can be like her shadow at times, following her everywhere and copying everything she does. He does tend to get into her stuff at times but no more than any younger sibling, I think. Makayla is super smart. She is working a grade level ahead in Mathematics even though she feels that it is very hard for her. She picks up on new concepts really quickly. She also seems to love Science. Now, I'll claim she got the Math skills from me but I've never been very fond of Science. I am glad to see that she enjoys it though. Makayla is probably my neediest child. She needs more Mom time, more girl time, more one-on-one time. That's okay though. I enjoy spending one-on-one time with her. We have lots of fun together. Like coming up in about 10 days we are going to go see the new Hannah Montana movie together, as a late birthday present. I think we are going to have a lot of fun. I try hard to get into the things she is into. Anyway, my sweet Makayla...what else can I say. I adore her and I am always proud of her. I love my Makayla so much! What an awesome big sister and special daughter that she is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment