The meaning behind Firefly!

Firefly is a nickname given to me by my husband. I was attending Girl Scout camp with my daughter, Makayla, and was in need of a camp name. He came up with Firefly because he said I lit up a room every time I smiled. It stuck...Firefly...that's me!

Friday, April 3, 2009

My Computer - A Rant

Ok, for whatever reason my computer is being stubborn this morning. It's brand new and has been extremely fast up until this morning. So, the obvious question is, what happened overnight? Well, that's easy. We got a message on our answering machine last night letting us know that Comcast would be shutting down cable and internet service for a very short period of time between midnight and 6 am. Hmmm...they said that it was to make our services run faster. Unfortunately, that usually means that they hardly run at all for a while. The only other occurance since last night was a severe line of thunder storms but since the computer was off that shouldn't have affected anything. Nor do I think that would affect pages loading on the internet. I'm beginnin got have my doubts about Comcast all the way around. Since we have had Comcast (since December) we have had a myriad of troubles. From the phone being off when the modem or cable goes down to slow response times to computer troubles in general. We like the all-in-one billing feature and affordability but we are tired of having all of the problems already. Of course, the alternative for us is returning to a company that had our phone service totally screwed up, to the point of doubling our bills at times. Okay, my ranting is over for the morning and hopefully for the day! I'm hoping things can only get better from here today. We'll see, all of the kids aren't awake yet...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment