The meaning behind Firefly!

Firefly is a nickname given to me by my husband. I was attending Girl Scout camp with my daughter, Makayla, and was in need of a camp name. He came up with Firefly because he said I lit up a room every time I smiled. It stuck...Firefly...that's me!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend!!!

So far this years Mother's Day is pretty awesome! First, we had a Mother's Day dinner last night of fried fish, scallops, potatoes, hush puppies and grits. Yum Yum!!! Shawn gave me a cool homemade card complete with pictures (even though he thought I would be mad for using my pictures), Makayla made me a card with ribbons and decorations, and Chris gave me a very sweet card when he got home from work today that he signed for Phalyn and Morgana. My mom, aunt and cousin even sent me virtual roses on Facebook. Oh, what fun it is!!! I'm hoping that we can go to the beach on Saturday or Sunday too. Plus, I'm looking forward to taking pictures of Makayla at the beach. Sunday morning is a Mother-Daughter breakfast in Makayla's Sunday school class that we are planning to attend. And, this is my first Mother's Day with my sweet baby girl, Morgana! I don't think I could ask for anything more this year! It's an awesome feeling when you know you're loved! Hopefully these next couple of days for Mom (that's me) will carry me through the next week, or so. We'll see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment