The meaning behind Firefly!

Firefly is a nickname given to me by my husband. I was attending Girl Scout camp with my daughter, Makayla, and was in need of a camp name. He came up with Firefly because he said I lit up a room every time I smiled. It stuck...Firefly...that's me!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Internet

What did we do before the internet? It seems all of my friends and family are housed within this box and screen...lol. Even those I spend time talking to on the telephone are gradually working there way into my computer world, too. I love it though. It's allowed me to stay in touch with people that I would otherwise not be able to and it's even allowed me to get closer relationships with people than I would have previously expected. Besides the fact that it keeps a line of communication between my children and myself whenever they are away. My computer has become my lifeline in many ways. Whenever it was down and I couldn't access the internet I felt almost lost and out of the loop, so to speak, nevermind the fact that all of our billing is done on-line. Between blogging, keeping up with Facebook and MySpace, playing games on Pogo or Bigfish and just surfing the net, it's amazing I have enough time in the day for anything else...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment